Banana bread is a classic, delicious dessert that is easy to make. There are multiple ways you can prepare banana bread, from adding chocolate chips to making it with coconut oil. If you’re looking for a new recipe to try out, check out this list of different kinds of banana bread recipes:
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Add mashed bananas and mix well.
Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl then add it to the wet ingredients along with chocolate chips (if using). Stir until just combined then pour into a greased loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top or inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Slice and enjoy!
This banana bread recipe is incredibly moist and delicious. It’s a great go-to recipe for when you need something quick, easy, and yummy!
Banana Bread Blueberry and Walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, I used margarine because I’m not a fan of butter in baked goods recipes that have fruit in them as this one does
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks, optional
Banana Bread Strawberry
- Add chopped fresh strawberries to the batter.
- Use a mix of white and whole wheat flour.
- Use yogurt or sour cream instead of buttermilk: This will give your bread a lighter texture and make it moister than if you used regular milk or water alone, which is great for this type of recipe because it’s going to be very moist anyway!
- Add a cup of chopped nuts to the batter. Add 1/4 cup of honey or brown sugar to the batter. Use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour to make healthier bread that has more fiber and nutrients!
- Add 1/2 cup of fruit puree to the batter. Use powdered milk instead of buttermilk to give your bread an extra boost of protein and calcium. Add vanilla extract or almond extract for a nice flavor.
Banana Bread Dutch Apple Streusel
The ingredients for this recipe are flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. You’ll also need eggs and oil or butter (or both) as well as vanilla extract. Apples are an important part of this recipe so make sure you use good quality ones–I recommend Granny Smiths because they have just enough tartness but aren’t too overpowering. Walnuts add crunchiness to complement the softness of bananas so don’t skip them! And finally, we have our banana bread batter which consists of mashed bananas mixed with almond milk (or other non-dairy milk).
We hope you enjoyed learning about these delicious banana bread recipes. We know that they can be hard to find, especially if you have allergies or dietary restrictions. With our list of options in hand, you’ll be able to enjoy this classic American dessert without having to worry about how it will affect your health!